This is our large etching press, the bed size is 76cm X 150cm (30' X 60'). It is used for etching, photogravure, collagraphs, monoprinting, Photolithography, zinc plate lithography.
This is our Vandercook style letterpress, Bed size 21' X16'. It is used for letterpress and relief printing techniques such as lino, woodblock and photopolymer.
This is our geared lithography press, bed size 27' X 16'. We have in excess of 50 stones in the studio.
Used to expose photolithography and photopolymer plates and for alternative photography techniques such as gum bichromate, gumoil, photogravure and cyanotypes.
We are able to etch plates in ferric chloride and nitric. Fumes are safely vented outside to ensure a healthy working environment.
This work table is used for paper preparation and for students preparing work. It has a Verivide overhead lightbox, the industry standard for checking daylight colour balance.
This is our lovely galley proof press, used for quickly testing relief printing plates. Bed size 30' X 9'.
Used for heat sealing artwork to back boards. Can be used without power as a small nipping press. Bed size 11' X 8'.
A lovely and quirky version of the popular Adana press range. Bed size 8' X 10'.
Fine art papers
• Fabriano Liscia 300gsm (lithography, relief, etching)
• Fabriano Liscia 220gsm (lithography, relief, alt photography)
• Hahnemuhle seed paper 180gsm (lithography, relief)
• Hahnemuhle Etch 300gsm (etching, photogravure)
• Hahnemuhle Etch cream 300gsm (etching, photogravure)
• Zerkall smooth cream 120gsm (engraving)
• Arches Platine 280gsm (alt photography)
• Arches Platine 330gsm (alt photography)
• BFK Rives Grey 280gsm (etching, relief, lithography)
• BFK Rives cream 280gsm (etching, relief, lithography)
• Somerset radiant white velvet 280gsm (etching, lithography)
• Somerset off white 300gsm (etching, lithography)
• Bockingford white 330gsm (etching, lithography)
• Heavy weight seed paper glazed, wild flowers (various)
• Light weight seed paper glazed, wild flowers (various)
• Heavy weight plain paper unglazed (various)
• Millstream seeded paper (various)
Our Epson printer is used primarily to make high quality digital negatives up to A1 in size that can be used in photolithography, photogravure, photopolymer, gum bichromate, gumoil, cyanotype, and other photographic techniques. We can also print in full colour up to A1 on HP Gloss Photo paper, also onto canvas.
A delightfully simple and portable press that is designed for proofing images up to SRA4. It has a simple pressure adjustment and paper registration system.